Fundraising is an important part of helping any club succeed! Whether you need money for events or for supporting specific women (e.g. with scholarships), these tips will help you meet your fundraising goals! For one-on-one fundraising support and guidance, talk to you SFLA Regional Coordinator.
- Chances are your club will need to do a lot of fundraising. Even if you do receive money from your student government, it will probably not be enough. It is very important to plan ahead for the events you will need to fundraise for. Make a budget for your group and stick to it. Always have an itemized budget to show your student government before asking for funding.
- Start with your own contacts. Go through your personal address book. Ask your parents and grandparents. Think of pro-lifers you know from your own community. Contact them and see if they would be willing to help you start a pro-life club on your campus.
- Contact local churches and ministries and explain to them your mission. Ask if you can collect money after each service for a week or two. When people donate collect their contact information so that you can keep them updated on events you will be hosting. You should also send letters to your church back home. Explain to them the mission of your club and ask if they would be willing to put something in the bulletin about your club, asking people to send donations if they are able.
- Call alumni of your university. Some schools have had pro-life clubs in the past that teetered out. Contact the former members, explain your mission, and see if they would be willing to help your club financially. Look into local businesses and see if any of them are family-run or religious. Contact them with your mission statement and see if they would be willing to help you financially or even donate food or office supplies to be used at your meetings.
- It is important to thank everyone who gives you a donation, as well as it being imperative to build relationships. Keep donors updated with your group and invite them to events, no matter how big or small their donations are.
Click here to get more fundraising help from Students for Life! Or schedule a training with your Regional Coordinator.