Changing a college campus to embrace a culture of Life is no easy task. It takes courage, persistence, and a lot of energy! However, our students’ passion for helping women in unplanned pregnancies has driven them to achieve incredible successes.
Meet Bama Students for Life.
In the Spring of 2013, Bama Students for Life decided to take on the Pregnant on Campus Initiative, and they have been unstoppable ever since. Here are some of the inspiring things that this group accomplished since joining the Pregnant on Campus Initiative:
- Saved 6 babies from abortion!
- Completed a Pregnant and Parenting Resource Guide for their school
- Distributed over 100 pregnancy tests on campus
- Hosted educational displays, like SFLA’s Planned Parenthood Project, to direct students to life-affirming pregnancy resource centers
- Launched UAPregnancy.org– a resource site for Bama students who are pregnant or parenting
- Created a video to promote their Pregnant on Campus Initiative
- Directed the Tuscaloosa 40 Days for Life campaign, providing a constant presence in front of the local abortion facility
- Placed a unique Pregnant on Campus Initiative display in the Student Center
- Hosted a fetal model table in front of the abortion clinic
- Distributed pregnancy resource packets
- Organized diaper drives to support their local pregnancy resource center (See competitive diaper drive versus Auburn Students for Life)
- Hosted a student speaker to discuss her adoption story
- Organized a knitting project for their local pregnancy resource center, Sav-a-Life
- Received national recognition as SFLA’s Group of the Year at the 2014 Students for Life of America National Conference
Students for Life of America is proud of the accomplishments of our pro-life student groups, and we want you to be inspired by other students like you! What will YOU do to transform your campus and your community to create a support environment for pregnant and parenting students?
Do you want to join the Pregnant on Campus Initiative? Contact Beth at email@example.com to learn more and get involved!